Witnessing preschoolers grooving to music, dancing with props and learning a new dance can be exciting! They clearly love the feeling of moving to the music we play for them!
1. Dance helps cultivate communication skills Bringing together kids with songs, rhymes and actions lets kids discover how to interact and connect with others. Children develop social and communication skills that will give them self-confidence and better prepare them for school.
2. Dance,music and movement is engaging to the brain Children learn new things, like sounds, words and patterns through music. And with dance, they can explore and control their body movements. These activities are great for development and stimulate connections in the growing brain.
3. Dance,Music & Movement contribute to creativity and imagination With children spending more time in front of screens rather than physically playing, music and dance encourages them to be curious and imaginative. This creative outlet can also give them opportunities to learn about other cultures through the arts.
4. It helps foster physical skills Young musicians and dancers learn skills like balance, control and coordination. Singing and movement is also good aerobic exercise- linked to stress reduction, physical fitness and overall good health.
5. Dance, Music & Movement allows kids to express themselves Happy, nervous, tired? Engaging in creative activities lets kids release their emotions and express their feelings. It’s a fantastic opportunity for children who aren’t yet able put their thoughts into words.